ASM Global, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a Director of Safety and Security at NRG Park in Houston, Texas. NRG Park is in the fast lane for opportunity and excitement. We are a one-of-a-kind premier facility with four major venues within one giant park, NRG Center (one million+ sq. ft. Convention Center), NRG Stadium (home of the Houston Texans and The Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo), NRG Astrodome (“The” Astrodome), and NRG Arena. We are seeking a unique Director of Safety and Security person to join our team. The Director of Safety and Security is responsible for coordinating the day-to-day activities of the safety and security departments within the facility; and is responsible for providing direction to both in house security and safety personnel pertaining to all NRG Park day-to-day operations and events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following:
- Oversee physical security systems on the site, including camera systems, access control, and security software systems.
- Oversee the badging system for credentials and approve venue access requests.
- Hires, trains, and supervises Security and Safety staff.
- Develop and execute all required security protocol and procedures required for the property.
- Maintain knowledge on current best practices for security and safety operations.
- Establish positive and collaborative relationships with government entities including Police, Fire,
EMS, FBI, etc.
- Coordinate with City and County officials on emergency response procedure and serve as liaison between County and City police officials and first responders.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on all security monitoring protocols, including social media
- Continue to improve facility loss prevention program for facility assets
- Compile and work with legal department to record relevant statistics regarding accidents and incidents.
- Works with internal service partners to provide security and safety standards.
- Monitor and assess event vulnerabilities.
- Lead emergency storm team, maintain protocols and tasks.
- Lead security tabletop exercises and applicable trainings for NRG Park and Partners.
- Coordinates with Marketing Department on all media entry into the building before, during or immediately following events.
- Primary contract administrator for 24 Hour Security Services and third-party safety inspections.
- Research, review, and recommend equipment, materials and supplies required in providing security planning.
- Prepares Security and Safety department budgets and estimated expenses.
- Maintains the proper image and generates positive public relations with patrons and staff.
- Ensure all Safety Program are in compliance with local, state and federal guidelines, laws or ordinances. Administer all aspects of the ASM Global corporate Safety Programs for ASM Global staff and contractors to include program updates, training, and review.
- Facilitate the Contractor Safety Program to include annual contractor safety briefings and safety meetings.
- Prepares schedules and assigns tasks to Security and Safety Teams.
- Prepares reports of monthly event activities for submission to the General Manager and Assistant General Manager.
- Develops policies and procedures for Security and Safety departments and monitors their compliance. Maintain security policies and procedures in accordance with Safety Act requirements.
- Negotiate contracts and agreements with suppliers for necessary activities and services at the facility.
- Guarantee all codes, laws, ordinances, policies, procedures, risk management, safety precautions, rules, regulations, and emergency procedures are followed.
- Seek innovative methods and technology to improve the Security and Safety departments.
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with all policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and organizational ability
- Ability to anticipate problems and implement immediate corrective action
- Considerable knowledge of security protocols and emergency management
- Considerable knowledge of safety regulations and other federal, state, or local laws and regulations
- Trained crowd manager and trained in all security search procedures.
- Respond to crowd control and/or crowd management situations in a prompt and decisive manner during crisis situations.
- Thorough knowledge of physical security systems, including CCTV, fire alarm systems, access control systems and incident management systems.
- Manage subordinate supervisors in Security and Safety departments.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- This position required work inside and outside of the building and some exposure to adverse conditions.
- Serves as MOD (Manager on Duty) as required.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university with a degree in Security Management, Criminal Justice, or related field and (5) years related experience in facility management in a convention center, stadium, or arena.
- Knowledge of public assembly facility management, security best practices, and contract management.
- (4) years’ Supervisor experience is required.
- OSHA 30 certified preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative.
- Work in a fast-paced environment, recognized issues, and develop solutions.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Remain Flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Operate a personal computer using Windows, Mac, Adobe, Word, Excel, and other standard office equipment.
- Experience with Genetec Security Desk platform and security analytics platforms preferred.
- Be licensed to operate a motor vehicle in the United States.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Please include a recent copy of your resume with a cover letter and salary requirements as part of your application.
Human Resources Manager
One NRG Park
Houston, Texas 77054
Only the first 150 resumes received will be considered.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact (832)667-1803.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor.