ASM Global, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for the Director of Finance at NRG Park in Houston, Texas. NRG Park is in the fast lane for opportunity and excitement. We are a one-of-a-kind premier facility with four major venues within one giant park. NRG Center (one million+ sq. ft. Convention Center), NRG Stadium (home of the Houston Texans and The Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo), NRG Astrodome (“The” Astrodome), and NRG Arena. We are seeking a unique Director of Finance to join our Finance team. The Director of Finance assists in the development and implementation of company goals and priorities relating to financial management, budget, accounting, purchasing, and/or payroll in compliance with State and Federal law, and SMG policies and procedures. Also, acts as liaison between the facility and clients, ensuring all clients’ requirements are met and facility rules, regulations and policies are adhered to.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following:
- Manage and maintain internal controls and compliance in Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Outside Operations, and Box Office/Ticketing. Maintain compliance for tax reporting purposes.
- Review and sign off bank reconciliations, account reconciliations, and other analyses as needed.
- Create, maintain, and manage budgeting and forecasting including, but not limited to, operating budget, monthly forecasting, capital budget, and cash flow analysis.
- Perform and manage show related activities such as settlements, accounting, and event reporting.
- Accounting for outside operations and box office ticketing funds.
- Supervise the process of recording manual journal entries and oversee various finance related processes (fixed assets, payroll, etc.) to ensure accounting records are complete and accurate.
- Review and sign off financial statements, budget reports, and event flash reports in a timely and accurate manner.
- Work with outside auditors to complete the annual audit and issue audited financial statements.
- Prepare other financial reports and analyses as requested.
- Manage the facility's cash flow needs, investing idle funds while maintaining a minimum operating account balance to fund operations.
- Monitor ASM Global compliance with all provisions of management, client, event, contractor, subcontractor, and sponsorship/trade contracts.
- Review all purchase requisitions.
- Direct the implementation and maintenance of new accounting, payroll, timekeeping, and procurement systems including procedures and controls.
- Manage all Payroll, Accounts Payable, & Accounts Receivable functions.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Hire, train and retain finance and accounting staff.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the Finance department.
- Directly supervises the Finance department employees.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with SMG's policies and applicable laws.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Extensive knowledge of general and cost accounting.
- Excellent math skills; high aptitude for figures.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting or Finance from 4-year college/university or equivalent.
- Minimum 5-7 years of related work experience.
- Experience in developing and implementing policies and procedures as well as financial systems and controls.
- Experience in the facilities/arena management industry preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent math skills; high aptitude for figures.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and organizational ability.
- Ability to work with and maintain highly confidential information is required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate well, both inside and outside of the organization.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills essential.
- Extensive knowledge of accounting software, spreadsheets, and word processing software.
- Operate standard office equipment and personal computer(s) using MS Windows, Excel, MS Word, and PowerPoint.
- Experience and knowledge of ADP, Workday, D365 or ABI a plus.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- CPA is preferred.
- Be licensed to operate a motor vehicle in the United States.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality and judgment regarding privileged information.
- Ability to work under above average pressure in meeting urgent deadlines.
- Ability to work long, irregular hours and weekends as dictated by event schedules and projects.
- Must be able to prioritize and complete work assignments on a timely basis.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision for review of statistical and other financial records and information.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Please include a recent copy of your resume with a cover letter and salary requirements as part of your application.
How To Apply
Only the first 150 resumes received will be considered.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodation to complete the application process may contact the Human Resources Department at (832) 667-1803.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.