As the world leader in venue management and services, ASM Global (ASMG) has an extraordinary portfolio of venues, partners, owners, and live event experiences. As our industry rebounds, we are looking to add a Cybersecurity Manager to our Technical Services team at NRG Park. NRG Park is in the fast lane for opportunity and excitement. We are a one-of-a-kind premier facility with four major venues within one giant park. NRG Center (one million+ sq. ft. Convention Center), NRG Stadium (home of the Houston Texans and The Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo), NRG Astrodome (“The” Astrodome), and NRG Arena.
As a Cybersecurity Manager, you will be responsible for working closely with the Director of Technical Services to develop NRG Park’s Monitoring and Analytics function, maturing our security profile, and working across our global technology, business, and 3rd party teams. You will continually monitor and improve NRG Park’s cybersecurity footprint and our ability to maintain legal, regulatory, and industry requirements & best practices for cybersecurity. This is a hands-on role, and we are looking for an individual who is comfortable working within a developing environment, both building technologies and processes to support a cybersecurity function, as well as communicating the state of cybersecurity to leadership within IT and the wider business. This position will be crucial in maturing NRG Park’s cybersecurity function toward proactive risk management, threat hunting, and incident response capabilities. Also, acts as liaison between the facility and clients, ensuring all clients’ requirements are met and facility rules, regulations and policies are adhered to.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following:
- Serves as primary responder and point of contact in the response, forensic investigation, analysis, and resolution of security incidents.
- Performs routine technical security audits of user accounts, system, and network configurations.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for third-party cybersecurity audits such as the Department of Homeland Security Cybersecurity Division or NFL Cybersecurity audit.
- Ensures NRG Park’s IT Systems are compliant with NFL Cybersecurity Best Practices.
- Provide technical leadership for security engineering efforts addressing top cybersecurity priorities and funded projects.
- Trains staff, provide guidance, and document standard Cybersecurity policies, processes, and procedures.
- Performs routine vulnerability scanning and is direct support for user endpoint security applications.
- Performs security reviews of new technology, systems, applications, and networks introduced as part of any new network changes or enhancements.
- Responsible for security analysis, the performance of triage and escalation procedures, workflows, and tasks
- Evaluate and manage SIEM and security monitoring tool rulesets and operating procedures.
- Perform complex configuration changes to meet business and information security requirements on Cisco Catalyst Switches.
- Design and analyze vendor services and information security requirements; maintain relationships with key vendors.
- Identify opportunities to improve security monitoring.
- Provide incident response and trouble resolution on complex issues.
- Development of relevant, helpful measurement capabilities and metrics to track and communicate performance, coverage, and risk.
- Work with Technical Services Manager to effectively manage IT security and Cybersecurity requirements.
- Maintain awareness of trends in security regulatory, technology, and operational requirements.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with all policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Understanding of exploits, common vulnerabilities, standard network intrusion methods, various attack patterns, and tactics.
- A foundational understanding of computer networking fundamentals, the TCP/IP model, and standard ports and protocols.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor of Science Degree in a related field or two years of relevant experience.
- Experience in analyzing log files and correlating cybersecurity-related events.
- Familiarity with Windows and Linux operating systems
Skills and Abilities
- Effective communicator at all levels of the organization to translate security information into understandable, actionable elements.
- Strong project management skills and ability to concurrently oversee a portfolio of enhancements to complex toolsets and large projects.
- Solid organization and prioritization skills.
- Ability to contribute to a team environment across all levels with a high degree of professionalism.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to identify and solve problems effectively and efficiently using analytical skills.
- Operate and be proficient utilizing standard office equipment and personal computer(s) using Outlook, MS Windows, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with M365, Azure environments.
- Familiarity with Cryptographic Encryption / Decryption Devices.
- Be licensed to operate a motor vehicle in the United States.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Please include a recent copy of your resume with a cover letter and salary requirements as part of your application.
How to Apply
Only the first 150 resumes received will be considered.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact the Human Resources Department (832)667-1803.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.