ASM Global, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a Full-Time Box Office Manager at NRG Park in Houston, Texas. NRG Park is in the fast lane for opportunity and excitement. We are a one-of-a-kind premier facility with four major venues within one giant park. NRG Center (one million+ sq. ft. Convention Center), NRG Stadium (home of the Houston Texans and The Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo), NRG Astrodome (“The” Astrodome), and NRG Arena. We are seeking a unique Full-Time Box Office Manager to join our Box Office team. Under direct supervision, the Box Office Manager oversees ticket sales and all aspects of Box Office operation by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates. Also, acts as liaison between the facility and clients, ensuring all clients’ requirements are met and facility rules, regulations and policies are adhered to.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following:
- Directs and oversees the internal control of daily operations as outlined in the ASM Global Box Office Manual.
- Coordinates all event information between the promoter, facility personnel and the ticket company in a timely manner.
- Works with event promoter and appropriate personnel to establish ticket pricing and seating configuration.
- Builds and modifies all computer ticket events and issues computer access codes to facility management.
- Coordinates the house scale for all ticket events.
- Maintains communication with ticket company representatives for updates and/or revisions in computer operations.
- Monitors daily ticket sales for all upcoming events and communicates information to the Director and promoter representative.
- Prepares cash bank and daily accurate inventory of all tickets distributed and available for sale.
- Prepares and presents the final box office statement for settlement of each event.
- Responds to customer complaints and service requests to maintain a positive rapport with the ticket buying public.
- Establishes files on each event that consist of seats on-hold for the building and promoter, complimentary ticket vouchers, event audits and ticket inventory schedules.
- Supervises, instructs, and trains ticket sellers as to the proper selling procedures.
- Assists or sells tickets as needed.
- Opens and or closes ticket window as required.
- Manages accurate fulfillment of promoter, group, venue and suite ticket orders.
- Accurately dispenses tickets as requested by patrons; accepts payment and makes change accurately.
- Maintains accurate count when selling hard tickets or accesses computer for count of computer printed tickets.
- Maintains accurate record of daily balance of cash received, tickets sold and change bank/vault.
- Fills reservations for seats by telephone or mail, handles Will-Call window according to procedures, or other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills, responds promptly to customer needs, responds to requests for service and assistance, able to work independently and handle most box office questions without assistance.
- Efficiently and courteously answers questions concerning prices, seating, and events. Gives information concerning coming attractions.
- Maintains accurate count of tickets sold, money received from ticket sellers and change banks
- Prepares and submits a daily report of business transactions.
- Makes bank deposits.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with all policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Working knowledge and experience with computer ticket systems required. Experience with Ticketmaster, Presence, Archtics, TM1 and mobile ticketing a plus.
- Must have professional attitude and appearance.
- Excellent communication, problem solving, and organizational skills required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting and financial procedures, including record keeping and reconciliation.
- Knowledge of supervisory principles and practices.
- Excellent good customer service and public relations skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of ticket selling and box office operations.
- Ability to work long and irregular hours that may vary due to functions and may include day, evening, weekends, and holidays.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- 3 years related experience required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with computer ticketing required.
- Experience in accounting and customer service essential.
- Box office experience in a similar environment strongly preferred.
- Supervisory experience required.
Skills and Abilities
- Work independently, exercising judgement and initiative.
- Work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent problem solving and oral and written communication skills.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to analyze data and figures.
- Ability to coordinate and schedule staff.
- Ability to count money, make change accurately.
- Operate a personal computer using Ticketmaster, Outlook, Windows, Word, Excel, and other standard office equipment.
- Experience in computerized ticket systems required.
- Be licensed to operate a motor vehicle in the United States.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Please include a recent copy of your resume with a cover letter and salary requirements as part of your application.
Only the first 150 resumes received will be considered.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact the Human Resources Department at (832) 667-1803.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor.