ASM Global, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for an Audio/Video Technical Coordinator at NRG Park in Houston, Texas. NRG Park is in the fast lane for opportunity and excitement. We are a one-of-a-kind premier facility with four major venues within one giant park. NRG Center (one million+ sq. ft. Convention Center), NRG Stadium (home of the Houston Texans and The Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo), NRG Astrodome (“The” Astrodome), and NRG Arena. We are seeking a unique Audio/Video Technical Coordinator person to join our Technical Services team. Under general supervision, the Audio/Video Technical Coordinator assists the maintenance of the facility electronic systems. Also, acts as liaison between the facility and clients, ensuring all clients’ requirements are met and facility rules, regulations and policies are adhered to.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following:
- Provide services as needed to a third-party audio-visual services company for AV event coordination; audio visual services, supplemental rental equipment and building asset modification as needed.
- Assist with the connections to the buildings electronic systems as required for safe and efficient building operation.
- Perform maintenance for sound systems, LED displays, video displays, electronic marquees, lighting control systems, intercom systems and the RF television distribution system (including replacing TVs as needed).
- Maintain and monitor CATV head-end equipment along with meeting room sound distribution system.
- Maintain and monitor facility inventory related to technical service such as radios, TV’s, spares for video and audio systems.
- Work hand in hand with NRG Park Information Technology Department staff.
- Read and interpret equipment performance charts and control equipment to evaluate the efficiency of each system.
- Investigate, analyze, and resolve operational and maintenance problems; develop and implement preventive maintenance program for all facility electronic equipment.
- Become familiar with and utilize in-house Maintenance Work Request System and ASM Issues Tracking logging systems.
- Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods.
- Knowledge of transmission, broadcasting, switching, control, and operation of telecommunications systems. Set up and/or operate audio and video equipment including microphones, sound speakers, video screens, projectors, video monitors, recording equipment, connecting wires and cables, fiber patching, sound and mixing boards, and related electronic equipment for meetings and presentations.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Not applicable.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrate proper knowledge and use of procedures, techniques, machines, materials, equipment, and tools used in technical construction, operation and maintenance of facility audio, visual and other systems.
- Possess knowledge and experience in operational procedures, facility capabilities, industry terminology, event-related services, and technical requirements for the type of events anticipated at the facility.
- Must possess a thorough understanding of facilities audio, visual displays and other systems.
- Have design skills and knowledge of current equipment necessary for upgrading and installing expanded audio-visual systems as well as RF television distribution systems and other related systems.
- Follow explicit oral and written instructions; communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons, and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Understand and work from general instructions, specifications, blueprints, sketches, and preventative maintenance schedules.
- Follow all policies/procedures, risk management, safety precautions, rules, regulations, and emergency procedures established at the facility.
- Demonstrate ability to carry out tasks in a reliable, productive, and expedient manner and be able to adhere to strict deadlines.
- Organize and prioritize work from event overviews and task lists to meet deadlines.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Work in a fast-paced environment.
- Assist Technical Services Manager with design and implementation of short- and long-term strategic plans.
- Develop accountability with AC Tech Services Contractors regarding consistency and quality of service.
- Ability to work extended and irregular hours that may vary due to events and functions and may include nights, weekends, and holidays, as needed for event and systems support.
Education and/or Experience
- Requires a Technical Degree from an accredited two-year college and three (3) years related experience and/or training, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work independently, exercising judgment and initiative in a fast-paced environment.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Must have operational knowledge of digital mixers.
- Ability to understand networked audio protocols such as Dante and Sound Web.
- Experience with video and audio signal flow diagnostics.
- Must possess a strong understanding of audio and video patching.
- Operate and be proficient utilizing standard office equipment and personal computer(s) using Outlook, MS Windows, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Be licensed to operate a motor vehicle in the United States.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
- Have the physically ability to lift, push, pull and or move and re-position a minimum of 50 pounds generally in the form of machines, monitors, equipment, and other related hardware.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Please include a recent copy of your resume with a cover letter and salary requirements as part of your application.
Only the first 150 resumes received will be considered.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact the Human Resources Department (832)667-1803.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor.