ASM Global, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a Maintenance and Engineering Administrative Assistant at NRG Park in Houston, Texas. NRG Park is in the fast lane for opportunity and excitement. We are a one-of-a-kind premier facility with four major venues within one giant park. NRG Center (one million+ sq. ft. Convention Center), NRG Stadium (home of the Houston Texans and The Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo), NRG Astrodome (“The” Astrodome), and NRG Arena. The Maintenance and Engineering Administrative Assistant, under general supervision, provides a variety of administrative support to the Director of Maintenance and Engineering and designated personnel and/or departments. Acts as liaison between the facility and clients, ensuring all clients’ requirements are met and facility rules, regulations and policies are adhered to.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following:
- Draft letters, reports, and other correspondence in a timely, accurate manner.
- Compose routine correspondence not requiring a supervisor’s attention.
- Receive and screen telephone calls and visitors and provide routine information regarding policies and procedures.
- Receive, route and file incoming and outgoing correspondence and ensure timely replies and/or action.
- Review all correspondence to remain informed of all activities and pertinent information.
- Maintain and update office department event calendar.
- Set-up new hire workstation.
- Schedule monthly staff meetings and supplies.
- Event overview billing as needed for events. (i.e., daily, weekly, etc.)
- Maintain and monitor service contract pricing and update as needed.
- Maintain a variety of files and records of information such as budget and expense records.
- Plan conferences and meetings, make travel reservations and keep a calendar of appointments for Director of Maintenance and Engineering.
- Maintain and order all necessary supplies and materials for the offices and maintain department’s employee tool inventory log.
- Scheduling necessary repairs for office equipment.
- Generate purchase orders and reconcile invoices.
- Reconcile event utility billing with other departments.
- Schedule and maintain temporary labor requests and reconcile associate invoices.
- Schedule Manager appointments for bid proposal meetings and generate bid summaries after proposals are received.
- Submit monthly event expense summaries to Finance.
- Gather each department monthly hour totals and submit report to Director of Maintenance and Engineering.
- Distribute game day credentials for employees and contractors and maintain game day elevator logbook.
- Retrieve department monthly activity reports from department Managers and submit report to Director of Maintenance and Engineering using the Asset Essentials Maintenance program.
- Generate agendas for monthly department meetings.
- Order and maintain staff uniforms and reconcile weekly invoices.
- Maintain petty cash.
- Assist the Operations & Technical Services Administrative Assistant as needed, including backup during scheduled time away as necessary.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Not applicable.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends, and holidays, as needed.
Education and/or Experience
- Two (2) years of college level business training preferred.
- Three (3) years of experience in a clerical or administrative assistant role; or an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
Skills and Abilities
- Have strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Operate a personal computer using Windows, Word, Excel, FileMaker Pro, PowerPoint, Outlook, and other standard office equipment.
- Experience with Office365, Microsoft Teams, SharePoint, and online meeting platforms such Zoom is preferred.
- Ability to learn software platforms such as Ungoerbock, ABI, 24/7 Software Solutions and Asset Essentials.
- Be licensed to operate a motor vehicle in the United States.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Please include a recent copy of your resume with a cover letter and salary requirements as part of your application.
How To Apply
Only the first 150 resumes received will be considered.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodation to complete the application process may contact the Human Resources Department at (832) 667-1803.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.