ASM Global, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for an Accounting Assistant – Accounts Payable at NRG Park in Houston, Texas. NRG Park is in the fast lane for opportunity and excitement. We are a one-of-a-kind premier facility with four major venues within one giant park. NRG Center (one million+ sq. ft. Convention Center), NRG Stadium (home of the Houston Texans and The Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo), NRG Astrodome (“The” Astrodome), and NRG Arena. We are seeking a unique Accountant to join our Finance team. Under general supervision of the Director of Finance and Accounting Manager, the Accounting Assistant supports the Finance Department and is responsible for gathering, routing, coding, and processing invoices from vendors, as well as expense reports from employees and/or contractors. Also, acts as liaison between the facility and clients, ensuring all clients’ requirements are met and facility rules, regulations and policies are adhered to.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following:
- Process invoices for payment, which includes obtaining invoice approvals, accurately entering invoice information and account coding into the general ledger system (accounts payable module) and developing voucher packages. Process check disbursement, match vouchers with invoices, and mail disbursement and remittance documentation.
- Serve as a point of contact for vendors and internal clients for inquiries related to accounts payable activity. Ensure invoices are paid accurately and timely. Effectively monitor and follow up on invoices placed on hold.
- Obtain vendor statements and process unpaid invoices in a timely manner.
- Perform other accounting functions as they arise (e.g., ad hoc reporting, etc.). Support year-end audit functions. In addition, work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends, and holiday, as needed.
- Request vendor information including W9 from new vendor to properly setup vendor for payment and maintain accurate records.
- Complete vendor credit requests as needed.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Not applicable.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Apply standard accounting principles, financial control procedures, computerized accounting systems/software, and financial management.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, vendors, patrons, and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
Education and/or Experience
- Associate degree from a two-year college or university 1-2 years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2-3 years related experience in the sports and entertainment industry, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic understanding of accounting principles.
- Experience using Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
Skills and Abilities
- Discretion in dealing with confidential and delicate materials and information.
- Demonstrate effective organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Process a high standard of integrity and commitment to quality of work.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to accurately review statistical and other financial records and information.
- Operate a personal computer using Windows, Word, Excel and other standard office equipment.
- Experience on an accounting software package is preferred, Solomon and File Maker Pro is a plus.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and organizational ability.
- Ability to work under above average pressure in meeting urgent deadlines.
- Must be able to prioritize and complete work assignments on a timely basis.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Please include a recent copy of your resume with a cover letter and salary requirements as part of your application.
Only the first 150 resumes received will be considered.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact the Human Resources Department at (832) 667-1803.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor.