ASM Global, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for an Accountant I at NRG Park in Houston, Texas. NRG Park is in the fast lane for opportunity and excitement. We are a one-of-a-kind premier facility with four major venues within one giant park. NRG Center (one million+ sq. ft. Convention Center), NRG Stadium (home of the Houston Texans and The Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo), NRG Astrodome ("The" Astrodome), and NRG Arena. We are seeking a unique Accountant to join our team. Under general supervision, the Accountant, works closely with all financial matters including accounts receivable and payable, general ledger, auditing, box office, exhibitor services and event settlements. Also, acts as liaison between the facility and clients, ensuring all clients' requirements are met and facility rules, regulations and policies are adhered to.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following:
- Prepare event settlements while working closely with Sales, Event Services and Operations.
- Assist in monthly close process including bank reconciliations, analysis, and preparation of journal entries.
- Maintain internal audit controls and participate in external audits.
- Assist with exhibitor services collections.
- Process exhibitor services contractors' commission reports.
- Review exhibitor services contractor invoices, reconcile and approve for payment.
- Conduct event audits for events on al exhibitor services.
- Run reports directly through online ordering system software.
- Assist with inquiries and research discrepancies.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Not applicable
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Know and apply standard accounting principles, financial control procedures, computerized accounting systems/software, and financial management.
- Operate a personal computer with Windows 10 using MS Office 365 Apps including Excel and Word and other standard office equipment. Experience on an accounting software package is preferred; Solomon, File Maker Pro and Boomer Software is a plus.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons, and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Work effectively under pressure and produce accurate results in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four-year college or university in accounting or business administration.
- Two (2) to three (3) years related experience and/or training in the sports and entertainment industry, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Good written and verbal skills.
- Strong computer skills required.
- Excellent customer service skills highly recommended.
- Operate standard office equipment and personal computer(s) with Windows 10 using MS Office 365 Apps including, Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat.
- Experience utilizing an accounting software package is preferred; Solomon, File Maker Pro and Boomer Software is a plus.
- Ability to work extended and/or irregular hours that may vary due to functions, including day, evening, weekends, and holidays, as needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Please include a recent copy of your resume with a cover letter and salary requirements as part of your application.
Human Resources Manager
One NRG Park
Houston, Texas 77054
Only the first 150 resumes received will be considered.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact (832) 667-1803.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor.