ASM Global, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for an Executive Assistant at NRG Park in Houston, Texas. NRG Park is in the fast lane for opportunity and excitement. We are a one-of-a-kind premier facility with four major venues within one giant park. NRG Center (one million+ sq. ft. Convention Center), NRG Stadium (home of the Houston Texans and The Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo), NRG Astrodome ("The" Astrodome), and NRG Arena. We are seeking an exceptional Executive Assistant to join our team. Under general supervision, the Executive Assistant provides a variety of administrative and operational support to the Executive Management Team of the facility. Acts as liaison between the facility and clients, ensuring all clients' requirements are met and facility rules, regulations and policies are adhered to.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Include the following.
- Receive, route and file incoming and outgoing correspondence and ensure timely replies and/or action.
- Review all correspondence to remain informed of all activities and pertinent information.
- Receive and screen telephone calls and visitors and provide routine information regarding events, operations, policies, and procedures.
- Maintain a variety of electronic and paper files and records of information such as budget, event files, expense records, service agreements and construction information.
- Maintain and coordinate travel arrangements and maintain daily calendar for Executive Management.
- Draft letters, monthly and quarterly reports, and other correspondence in a timely, accurate manner.
- Prioritize and respond independently and appropriately to all correspondence.
- Research and prepare information for comprehensive reports. Draft, proofread and process these reports and related documents.
- Maintain and organize executive office areas including ordering all necessary supplies and materials.
- Remain informed of company policies and procedures, answering related internal and external questions within authority.
- Monitor press releases, news articles relative to the company and facility.
- Organize back-up coverage among administrative team.
- Create and conduct training for administrative team.
- Manage expense reports for Executive Management.
- Research and handle special projects.
- Monitor status of permits to ensure they are kept up to date and all fees are properly applied to processed licenses and permits.
- Submit paperwork and enter data for various permits such as building, occupancy, fire prevention, maintenance, and waste permits.
- Maintain all company files relating to site plan applications, approvals, insurance, licenses and permits.
- Review contractor insurance certificates to ensure compliance with facility requirements.
- Plan and manage executive meetings including Monthly Board Meeting.
- Enforce building and company rules.
- Respond to and assist with emergencies.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
· Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with all policies and applicable laws.
· Plan, assign, and direct work, address complaints, and resolve problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Possess knowledge of the principles of facility management, building operations, maintenance, practices, and safety requirements.
- Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, contractors, exhibitors, patrons, and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Model exceptional teamwork and positive communication with all staff.
- Pleasant and helpful telephone demeanor when assisting guests, exhibitors, clients, and staff.
- Demonstrate knowledge in operational procedures, facility capabilities, industry terminology, and event
related services for the types of events anticipated at the facility.
- Possess a thorough understanding of facility's layout and
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends, and holidays, as needed.
Education and/or Experience
- Two (2) years of college level business training and a minimum of three (3) years experience in a clerical or secretarial position; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous administrative experience preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong written, verbal and computer skills.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Work in a fast-paced environment.
- Operate a personal computer using Windows, Word, Excel, Filemaker Pro (Database) and other standard office equipment.
- Be licensed to operate a motor vehicle in the United States.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Please include a recent copy of your resume with a cover letter and salary requirements as part of your application.
Only the first 150 resumes received will be considered.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact (832)667-1803.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor.