ASM Global, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for a Human Resources Generalist at NRG Park in Houston, Texas. NRG Park is in the fast lane for opportunity and excitement. We are a one-of-a-kind premier facility with four major venues within one giant park. NRG Center (one million+ sq. ft. Convention Center), NRG Stadium (home of the Houston Texans and The Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo), NRG Astrodome (“The” Astrodome), and NRG Arena. We are seeking a unique and innovative individual to join our HR team. Under indirect supervision, the HR Generalist provides comprehensive support and coordination of the day-to-day operations of Human Resources ensuring the efficient delivery of HR services, recruitment processes, and the accuracy of employee data records. This position provides support and coordination in the consistent and effective application of policies, procedures, and practices of the Human Resources department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following:
- Follows ASM Global policies to assure compliance with legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions. Maintains compliance with state and federal regulations concerning employment.
- Assists the Human Resource Manager with all aspects of HR procedures and policies within the specified guidelines.
- Employee relations, including the understanding and demonstrating knowledge of laws, rules, regulations, case law, principles, and practices related to employee conduct, performance, and dispute resolution.
- Reviews complaints, concerns, or grievances; with management, performs fact-finding and advises management on the preparation of disciplinary when necessary.
- Coordinates employee performance appraisal process.
- Coordinates and conducts staff and management training events or programs and develops resources, as needed.
- Coordinates the various employee incentive programs as adopted by ASM Global.
- Coordinates onboarding from recruiting to new hire orientation.
- Writes and places advertisements. Coordinates hiring events, screens applications, arranges and conducts interviews.
- Coordinates pre-employment tests as required, including background checks.
- Coordinates meetings, prepares reports, composes regular correspondence, processes confidential reports and documents, files electronic and/or hard copy, tracks deadlines, and takes minutes as needed.
- Conducts new hire orientation and employee training programs.
- Ensure that all paperwork is complete and accurate including W-4’s, I-9, application, direct deposit form and insurance forms. Preparing source documentation needed for new hires, or effective changes in pay, status, or benefits.
- Responds to various queries from managers, team members, and other agencies exercising individual judgement.
- Prepare information needed to create new employee profile in HRIS system.
- Maintains confidential Human Resource Information System records and compiles reports from database.
- Creates data and statistical reports and maintains statistical information.
- Coordinates benefit administration including enrollment and changes.
- Coordinates medical restrictions, release, and reasonable accommodation requests.
- Responds to employee requests and provides "concierge" service.
- Investigates accidents and prepares reports for insurance carrier.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with ASM Global’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities may include training team members; planning, assigning, and directing work; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Remain flexible and willing to assist team members.
- Demonstrated ability to make independent judgments and provide knowledgeable evaluations and opinions at all levels within the organization.
- Must maintain a high standard of professional conduct, work ethic, and the highest level of confidentiality in all aspects of Human Resources.
- Energetic team player with ability to "switch gears" as workload requires.
- Able to work alone and on a team with a variety of projects.
- Exercising judgment and initiative.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Work independently and as a team while exercising judgment and initiative.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Willingness to take direction, learn and grow.
- Good written, verbal and computer skills.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Work in a fast-paced environment.
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays, as needed.
Education and/or Experience
- College coursework in Business Administration, Business Law, or Human Resource Management in addition to (3) three years of Human Resources experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- HR certification preferred.
- Employee Relation experience preferred.
- Knowledge of employment laws, training methods, and practices preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to conduct research and to prepare analyses and reports.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other team members, representatives, and the public.
- Operate and be proficient utilizing standard office equipment and personal computer(s) using Outlook, MS Windows, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- HRIS experience including ADP and/or Workday preferred.
- Be licensed to operate a motor vehicle in the United States.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Please include a recent copy of your resume with a cover letter and salary requirements as part of your application.
Only the first 150 resumes received will be considered.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact the Human Resourced Department (832)667-1803.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.