ASM Global, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a Parking Coordinator at NRG Park in Houston, Texas. NRG Park is in the fast lane for opportunity and excitement. We are a one of a kind premier facility with four major venues within one giant park. NRG Center (one million+ sq. ft. Convention Center), NRG Stadium (home of the Houston Texans and The Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo), NRG Astrodome ("The" Astrodome), and NRG Arena. We are seeking a unique Parking Coordinator to join our Parking team. The Parking Coordinator, under direct supervision of the Parking Managers, is responsible for thorough supervision, and coordination of direct personnel, subcontractors, and vendors. Responsible for the daily oversight of Parking's outside operations, cashier vault and event signs by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors. Also, acts as liaison between the facility and clients, ensuring all client's requirements are met and facility rules, regulations and policies are adhered.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following:
- Oversees all aspects of parking and traffic operations including event coordination, staffing of parkers, lead parkers, parking supervisors, cashiers, cashier supervisors, and office supervisors.
- Maintains labor on all events and ensures labor is within the projected guideline.
- Responsible for informing and communicating event information to the Parking Supervisors, Cashier Supervisors and other staff.
- Responsible for preparation, setup, organization and placement of all vehicle directional signs and pedestrian signs.
- Ensures all signs are compliant with NRG Park standards. Responsible for programming and maintenance of all digital signs.
- Oversees all aspects of parking and traffic operations including staffing, set-up and teardown of events, parking lot maintenance and coordinates pre and post event walkthroughs of all areas in use.
- Responsible for obtaining permits needed for sign placement, road, and lane closures.
- Works directly with Outside Police to ensure proper traffic control and staffing plans.
- Oversees parking gates which includes managing traffic flow, loss prevention and ensuring optimal staffing at all times.
- Responsible for maintaining all equipment and ordering equipment for supplemental event needs.
- Works directly with Event Management to ensure all event requests are handled effectively.
- Directs and supervises all Cashier's and Gate and Vault Supervisors.
- Explains and enforces all company cash handling policies and procedures.
- Maintain inventory controls of roll stock receipts in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures
- Conduct daily reconciliation on the department's financial information. Maintain the appropriate bank for event operations.
- Prepare, log and handle bank deposits and coordinate with the Finance Department armored car services.
- Prepare daily, weekly, and monthly allocation reports in a timely manner.
- Schedule and monitor hours worked for Part-Time staff.
- Maintain inventory on all vault related equipment including cash boxes, money counters, radios, stools, credit card scanners, printers, etc.
- Liaisons and support for all automated parking systems including ticketing solutions, exhibitor services prepaid parking/pass reports and any cashless parking system and software.
- Attend all meetings as required.
- Operates company vehicles as needed.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Works extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends, and holidays, as needed.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with all policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Possess understanding of the operational procedures, facility capabilities, industry terminology, event-related services, and technical requirements for the types of events anticipated at the facility.
- Understand and work from general instructions, specifications, blueprints, sketches and preventative maintenance schedules.
- Follow all policies/procedures, risk management, safety precautions, rules, regulations and emergency procedures established at the facility.
- Demonstrate ability to carry out tasks in a reliable, productive and expedient manner and be able to adhere to strict deadlines.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Organize and prioritize work from event overviews and task lists to meet deadlines. Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Operate heavy duty machinery such as forklifts, scissor lifts and boom lifts.
- Position is routinely required to work outdoors and is exposed to the elements (heat, rain, etc.)
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
- Two (2) years related experience and/or training in the public assembly industry in a supervisory type position; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Handle multiple projects and assignments.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Work independently, exercising judgement and initiative.
- Work in a fast paced environment.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Operate a personal computer using Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook and other Parking Systems software.
- Be licensed to operate a motor vehicle in the United States.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
- Position may require lifting, climbing, carrying, bending, stooping, and kneeling.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Please include a recent copy of your resume with a cover letter and salary requirements as part of your application.
Human Resources Manager
One NRG Park
Houston, Texas 77054
How To Apply
Only the first 150 resumes received will be considered.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact (832)667-1803.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor.