SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a Marketing, Public Relations and Sponsorship Manager at NRG Park in Houston, Texas. NRG Park is in the fast lane for opportunity and excitement. We are a one of a kind premier facility with four major venues within one giant park. NRG Center (one million+ sq. ft. Convention Center), NRG Stadium (home of the Houston Texans and The Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo), NRG Astrodome (“The” Astrodome), and NRG Arena. We are seeking a unique Marketing, Public Relations and Sponsorship Manager to join our Sales team. The Marketing, Public Relations and Sponsorship Manager under general supervision, oversees and coordinates all aspects of the sales and service process for corporate and event sales. Acts as liaison between the facility and clients, ensuring all clients’ requirements are met and facility rules, regulations and policies are adhered to.
Position Reports To:
Director of Marketing and Public Relations
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Include the following:
- Coordinate Joint Marketing Agreement Sponsorship opportunities with tenants.
- Manage sponsorship fulfillment to include facility signage and ticket allocations.
- Contact prospective sponsor groups and individuals to initiate the sales effort.
- Follow-up on leads generated by outside sources.
- Compile bid proposals, sponsorship sales and revenues projection reports, client satisfaction studies and other relevant sales issues.
- Participate in sponsorship sales presentations/proposals to prospective clients.
- Conduct facility tours for prospective sponsorship clients.
- Discuss the facility with site selection committees or designated others.
- Assist in the preparation and design of sponsorship sales brochures, pamphlets, advertisements and other promotional materials.
- Provide administrative support for personnel involved in Sales, Marketing, Public and Press Relations.
- Compose routine correspondence and independently prepare correspondence not requiring a supervisor’s attention.
- Maintain a variety of files and records of information such as budget, sales and marketing reports, event files, expense records and other related documents.
- Process and submit department travel requests, petty cash reimbursements, budgeting reports and purchase requisitions/orders.
- Coordinate various marketing strategies including direct mail, packages, letters, and catalogs.
- Conduct customer/client surveys to obtain marketing information about organization products and services.
- Participate in other new market research and design.
- Organize and prepare market research for comprehensive reports and assist in drafting, proofreading and processing reports and other related documents.
- Develop and maintain marketing database that includes bulk mailing addresses, leads, new prospective clients, bookings, and customer files.
- Answer general questions, assist persons seeking general information and handle distribution of facility information.
- Assist in coordinating special in-house events, client outings, trade shows and public relations programs.
- Research media buying opportunities and review media publications for Company exposure.
- Prepare quarterly marketing reports for SMG’s corporate office.
- Work with the Interactive Marketing & Design Coordinator to develop social media strategies to be approved by the Director of Marketing & Public Relations.
- Prepare written communication as needed to include press releases and media alerts.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with all policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrate knowledge in industry terminology, facility capabilities, operational procedures, event coordination and event-related services.
- Demonstrate knowledge of principles, practices and terminology of public relations programs, advertising, marketing, sales presentation techniques, public speaking and operations of trade shows and conventions.
- Demonstrate the principles and techniques of supervision, training, budgeting and other administrative duties.
- Handle conflict, make good judgment decisions and exercise proper action during high tension and stressful situations.
- Respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Work effectively in a fast paced environment under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others orally, verbally and in written form.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Demonstrate excellent writing skills, creativity, especially as it relates to social media strategies.
- Interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Work independently, organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines, while exercising judgment and initiative.
- Possess knowledge of the principles of facility management, building operations, maintenance, practices and safety requirements.
- Demonstrate high level of energy and self-motivation to work effectively and enthusiastically with co-workers with a wide-range of personalities.
- Work extended and/or irregular hours that may vary due to events, including nights, weekends and holidays, as needed.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four (4) year college of university in Marketing, Public Relations, Business Administration, Public Administration or related field.
- Two (2) years related corporate and/or event sales experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with placing social media advertising required.
- Experience with Google AdWords and geo-targeting a plus.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills, both written and orally.
- Ability to plan, organize, and implement advertising, promotion, publicity and social media programs.
- Strong proofreading abilities.
- Ability to prepare effective reports.
- Operate a personal computer using Mac, Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat and other standard office equipment.
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator preferred.
- Be licensed to operate a motor vehicle in the United States.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
Note: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Human Resources Manager
One NRG Park
Houston, Texas 77054
Only the first 150 resumes received will be considered.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact (832)667-1806.