SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a Parking Lead at NRG Park in Houston, Texas. NRG Park is in the fast lane for opportunity and excitement. We are a one of a kind premier facility with four major venues within one giant park. NRG Center (one million+ sq. ft. Convention Center), NRG Stadium (home of the Houston Texans and The Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo), NRG Astrodome (“The” Astrodome), and NRG Arena. We are seeking a unique Parking Lead to join our Parking team. The Parking Lead under direct supervision of the parking supervisory team, for parking of all events and all parking lots within NRG Park property. The position often requires lifting and a high degree of physical exertion. Also, acts as liaison between the facility and clients, ensuring all clients’ requirements are met and facility rules, regulations and policies are adhered to.
Position Reports To:
- Must be customer friendly, self-motivated, and enjoy working around people in a fast paced environment.
- Effectively communicate with guests, clients, vendors and other personnel via verbal and nonverbal forms of communication.
- Assist with training/coaching the employees in their job duties or ensuring that they understand their job duties ensuring service levels are met.
- Work with the parking supervisor on duty, to obtain, discuss, and implement the daily parking plan.
- Overview the daily parker schedules and coordinate with a parking supervisor on transporting staff to key areas.
- Oversee parkers to ensure job conformity.
- Monitor staff levels and locations throughout the work day to maintain effective workflow of all parking lots.
- Due to changes in traffic, Leadperson will coordinate with parking supervisors and parking management to ensure a steady flow of traffic.
- Have a reliable form of transportation and communication.
- Must comply with all SMG policies and procedures including the Business Conduct Policy and Code of Ethics.
- Dress in uniform according to the SMG Parking Policy.
- Licensed operator of motor vehicles such as golf carts, forklifts, and company vehicles.
- Attend all meetings and trainings as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to work both indoors and outdoors as required by the function.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Possess understanding of the operational procedures, facility capabilities, industry terminology, event-related services, and technical requirements for the types of events anticipated at the facility.
- Understand and work from general instructions, specifications, blueprints, sketches and preventative maintenance schedules.
- Follow all policies/procedures, risk management, safety precautions, rules, regulations and emergency procedures established at the facility.
- Demonstrate ability to carry out tasks in a reliable, productive and expedient manner and be able to adhere to strict deadlines.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Organize and prioritize work from event overviews and task lists to meet deadlines. Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Work independently, exercising judgement and initiative.
- Maintain a client service oriented attitude.
- Work in a fast paced environment.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Position is routinely required to work outdoors and is exposed to the elements (heat, rain, etc.)
- Meet the physical demands of the job. Must perform strenuous physical duties at times, including lifting, carrying, moving and climbing.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs
- Must be able to stand and work on your feet for 8-10 hours a day
- Must to able to stretch and reach
- Ability to work long and irregular hours that may vary due to functions and may include day, evening, weekends and holidays.
Education and/or Experience
A high school diploma or GED is recommended. Technical School Certificate or Degree is a plus. Persons with traffic control or parking experience will be taken into consideration. Be licensed and insured to operate a motor vehicle in the state of Texas. Must be able to pass a background test.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Please include a recent copy of your resume with a cover letter and salary requirements as part of your application.
Human Resources Manager
One NRG Park
Houston, Texas 77054
Only the first 150 resumes will be considered.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 832-667-1806.